Sunday, April 7, 2013

O' CAFEINE

Day 7 This one is from a prompt at my weekly writing practice group.




O’ CAFFEINE

Caffeine, caffeine you call to me day and night
Without you I couldn’t make it through a normal day
Alcohol, marijuana and nicotine
Hold no fascination for me

But you, dear caffeine, are my crutch in life
You creep out of that coffee bean and slink into my cup
You sit there on the table send your sweet aroma wafting to my nostrils
You call to me, “You need me, you need me”

You know me better than I know myself
You know I cannot resist your charms
You laugh as my hand reaches for you

You hold me as tightly as a gypsy woman once did
But she knew I could not let her go, so she let me go
I wonder what would it take for you to let me go?



Dale butler, April 2013











http://www.napowrimo.net/2013/02/napowrimo-2013-is-coming/

2 comments: